Look into my eyes.

Look into my eyes.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

First Night Alone in 6 years

Wow!  I never realized how much I depended upon Cosmo to alert.  Even now with his poor accuracy at least he would let me know if I was over 300.  Stress does not allow your body to process insulin or sugar very well.  I had to monitor all night.  I ended up taking a walk around 2 this morning trying to get my level down.  It was peaceful and quiet.  The train came by and you could it see in between the houses.  I am glad that Dr. Jerry Williams has Cosmo heavily sedated and on a warming blanket.  His life has changed forever.  I still question my decidsion on the surgery.  He is turning 9 in a few months and has a long life ahead.

I have heard through the grapevine at work many sad comments about my situation.  I am amazed that some people do not understand how important a service animal can be for someone.  I have tried to post information about how others people have been able to live more independent lives with their DAD but some people just don't get it. 

I was told yesterday that I have to stop talking about the fund raising activities at school.  I'm allowed to post things on a part of the email system called Shop n Swap but not on my schools email.  I know that many people have lots of things happening in their lives but it amazes me that my little activity is not being allowed.  So I will continue to post on Facebook but I need your help.

Please repost everything from this blog.  I have to use social media to help raise the needed money. I know that if you share my story and ask your friends to share the story it will help me out.  Please encourage people to hit share.  I know that $25,000 is a lot a money but even a $5 donation can make a difference. 

At this time I am feeling more unsafe then ever in my own home. I have been offered to stay with people but how can I live my life like that.  Please understand the Power a Dad can offer a person.  Having a DAD in my life will help to lower my A1C.  The continuos glucose montioring system is not working for me.  I am constantly getting false readings.  A DAD will alert at the slightest change and will allow me to not become as frustrated as I feel now. 

The other part of the equation is the cost associated with the using a continuous glucouse system.  One sensor site costs me $90.  The site should last for 6 days.  In the mean time my skin becomes raw where the site is attached and I am using 6-9 testing strips each day.  For me a site only lasts about 4 days. The insurance says it should 6 days and so I can not have the quanity I need for the entire 3 months.  So I become frustrated and run out of supplies.  Please know I am thankful for the insurance coverage that I have right now.  But I get sick and tired being tied to a machine. 

Today at work will seem like forever until the end of the day.  I will be the first one out of the parking lot heading to see Cosmo.  Tonight will be spent modifying my bedroom for him.  Last time he spent most of the time under the bed.  So there will be several blankets and pillows under the bed and a space heater going full blast.  I will be making a custom litter box for him.  My bed will ultimately have to be lowered so that he can make the jump up but I can't do that until he stops sleeping on the floor.

I have never rambled on like this before but I had to vent.  Sorry if this bothers you but please put up with me.

Thank you to my dear friends for listening.

A special thank you to the family who is putting so much time and money into helping Cosmo.  You know that there is always a special place in my heart for you.










No comments:

Post a Comment