Look into my eyes.

Look into my eyes.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

The First Normal Weekend

Cosmo went out working with me for the first time in several weeks.  He did great.  His MNEA family seemed glad to see him and how well he was adjusting.  He loves attention and all the scratching.

Then he was the hit at the dinner fund raising planning meeting. I have many wonderful people who are going to help make the pasta dinner a hit.  I will be spending all my free time trying to get support from local businesses.  If you own a your own company and can donate an item or gift certificate to the cause please let me know.  Or if you have an item you can donate to add to a basket give me a call. 

Today Cosmo went to meet with the Avon representative who will be holding a fund raising event.  I will be posting the two campaigns that are currently open.  You have to order from me and I submit the order.  All the proceeds from the campaigns go towards getting the DAD.  Be watching for more details to come.  The campaign will continue until the end of April. 

It amazes me how compassionate people are towards me and medical needs.  I have always been open about being a diabetic and now I open up to everyone.  Today at Lucky's Cosmo drew attention from many people.  He allowed me to tell his story as well as pass on information about  DAD's.   Who knows, maybe we will meet someone who can help.

There is now a Facebook page that will keep people up to date on the fundraising.  The community is called:  A Lifetime of Freedom. 

Monday is the big day for the TV drawing.  I am hoping to have the winner posted by noon.  I will email all the ticket sellers so that we can find out who sold the winning ticket.  Good luck to everyone who bought a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment