Look into my eyes.

Look into my eyes.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Contract!

Yesterday I decided to work with the group Service Dogs by Warren Retrievers.http://www.sdwr.org/
The contract is 20 pages long and that goes with the heavy price of $25,000.  The main reason I have chosen them is due to the extensive training the dog and I will get after he/she is delivered.  The trainers will come to my home every 2-3 months for 18 months.  This is huge since I know nothing about dogs. 

I wanted to get a new car next year but instead I will be making payments towards a dog.  The good thing about this group is that they help you raise the money for the dog.  Also all contributions that are given on behalf are tax deductible.  They also have connected me to several St. Louis families who have received dogs from their organization.  The stories I have been hearing about are even better than what Cosmo does for me. 

Last night was a good example of how much I need to keep an alert animal in my life.  I got home from working SNAP at 7:45 last night.  I was making a light dinner and laid down on the bed.  2 hours later I was woken up by Cosmo and my blood level was at 450.  Now I had not eaten anything since lunch so I have no idea what cause the high but Cosmo had been biting my arm for a very long time, according to all the puncture marks on the inner part of my arm.  Looking back he alerted as soon as I came in the house but I thought it was because he missed me. 

The tickets for the TV raffle are printed and packaged. I am waiting for the business cards to come and then I will get packages shipped to Cosmo's friends around Missouri.  I am amazed as to who has offered to help me with this event. Thank you can not express what I am feeling inside.  If everyone can sell 20 tickets this event will bring major amounts of money for the new dog.

I am also signing the contract for the Moose Lodge hall rental on Friday.  The dinner will be Feb. 20th at 5:00 pm.  There may even be live music.  I am in the process of getting donation letters printed and will be going out to businesses next week.  If you or someone you know have a business and would like to help by making a basket or donating a service please let me know.  Or if you are willing to go to companies and drop off letters and tell Cosmo's story please let me know.  I will have tickets available by then end of Jan. ready for people to help sell.

Thanks again for all of the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment